How can I get involved?
Friends of Black Mountain is an energetic local community group consisting of volunteers who help protect biodiversity and landscape values for future generations. New members are always welcome. It is one of many ParkCare groups that work cooperatively with ACT Parks and Conservation Service. Activities include:
- weeding parties on the first Saturday of the month
- participation in Vegwatch, Frogwatch, BioBlitz, and other citizen science surveys
- conducting guided walks, including the Spring Wildflower Ramble and Heritage Festival walks
- assisting with maintenance of walk paths
- promoting Black Mountain’s biodiversity locally and further afield, through public information